Vision, Mission, and Values
Empowering People to Live Life without Limits
UCP of Sacramento and Northern California is the leading provider of comprehensive services to children and adults with all developmental disabilities and their families. UCP works with 5,300 people a month in our eight-county area, empowering children and adults who – without support – would be isolated from community.
UCP of Sacramento and Northern California is steadfastly dedicated to empower people with developmental disabilities to live life without limits, to consistently expand our delivery of valued services to a growing and diverse community, and to excel at anticipating and meeting our clients’ ever changing needs.
The mission of UCP of Sacramento and Northern California is to provide programs and services that improve the independence, productivity, and quality of life of people with developmental disabilities and their families.
Consistent with our heritage, United Cerebral Palsy of Sacramento and Northern California is committed to the following guiding principles:
- We value our clients for giving us purpose, for inspiring us to act and for allowing us to be a part of their lives.
- We value community and strive to foster relationships built on trust, diversity, mutual respect, effective communication and shared goals.
- We value and respect our staff whose creativity, innovation, teamwork and determination fuels our efforts and enables us to meet our mission.
- We value our volunteers for their constant and unselfish support and dedication.
- We value our donors because without their generosity and compassion our vision and mission is only a dream.
- We believe that accepting donations creates a contract with our donors; we are committed to maximizing the impact of every dollar given to our cause.
- We embrace adversity, opportunity and challenge, for without them we limit our ability to grow.
- We embrace our responsibilities and hold ourselves accountable by planning wisely, executing efficiently and measuring results.
- We are service-driven; we focus on meeting the needs of people with developmental disabilities by providing the right services at the right time to the right individuals.