Full Time Non-exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide assistance to the Program Manager; provide general supervision of staff; involved in the development and direction of staff and program operations; develop and coordinate ISP’s. Provide supervision and instruction to clients; develop and implement teaching strategies for enhancing client’s growth, while maintaining the dignity, respect, health & safety of all program participants.
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
- Related college degree or equivalent job experience working with individuals with developmental and physical disabilities.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience.
- Must maintain current First Aid & CPR certifications
- Current driver’s license; clean driving record and ability to meet insurance requirement.
- Ability to meet State licensing requirements
- Ability to pass pre-employment exam directly related to job duties.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and possible physical, behavioral and medical problems
- Knowledge of correct lifting, positioning and transferring techniques, as well as the ability to lift 50 pounds
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsibilities include assisting with the program curriculum and general program operations, under the supervision and guidelines of the Program Manager.
2) Monitoring and implementing goals and objectives from client ISP’s
3) Compliance with Community Care Licensing.
4) Acquisition of supplies, equipment and other materials, keeping within the program’s budget.
5) Responsible for keeping the Program Manager informed and updated on all program information.
6) Assist in the recordkeeping for Novatime and TRSD recordkeeping.
7) Overseeing staff adherence to schedules
8) Assist in the coordination of CBI’s and insure completion of records.
9) Assist in insuring the accurate and timely maintenance of client records and insure that confidentiality is respected.
10) Work cooperatively with Regional Center service coordinators, transportation
providers, parents/care-givers and other community agencies.
11) Insure that staff stays current with required certifications, i.e. CPR, First Aid, ProAct, etc.
12) Actively promote a safety conscious work environment.
13) Accurately complete Workers’ Comp paperwork and reporting of any staff injuries.
14) Other duties as assigned by Program Manager
To perform the essential functions of the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Ability to speak English, Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Ability to write English, Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
LINE OF AUTHORITY
For establishing policy: May recommend
For incurring expenses: May incur expenses with approved budget
For personnel changes: May recommend